- Open House, Sunday, May 31st 1-3pm!
- Virtual Tour: https://www.tourfactory.com/2583820
- Southern charm with a rocking chair front porch, back deck and pergolas!
- Mature trees and professional landscaping create privacy.
- Backyard is designed with vignettes for relaxing in the sun or shade
- Town of Davidson landmark and walkable to Downtown Davidson
- Just under 4000 square feet
- 5 bedrooms and 4 full baths
- 3 bedrooms and 3 baths on main floor
- Hardwood floors and tile throughout the home
- Open concept spaces with living room, dining and office or library
- Spacious chef’s kitchen with SS appliances, gas cooktop, double ovens and breakfast bar
- Beautiful, light-filled sunroom opens to the kitchen with access to the outdoors
- Large master bedroom with enough room for seating and loungin
- Master bath has 2 sinks, separate shower and garden tub
- Basement and shed for extra storage
- Fenced side yard
About this home
Beautiful home on just over a half acre lot! Built in 1916, yet fully renovated! With just over 3900 square feet, this 5BR and 4BA home is a town landmark. Sitting at the edge of the St. Alban’s community, The Cedars is a rare find, in Davidson, with three bedrooms and 3 baths on the main floor. Great opportunity for one floor living, an in-law suite or home office or studio! Hardwood floors and tile throughout. Plenty of open space for gathering and entertaining with an open concept dining room, living room and library. Terrific home with privacy and charm! The adjoining St. Alban’s community offers greenspaces, dog park, playgrounds, community garden, neighborhood social gatherings and more! 857 Concord Road is just minutes away from assigned: schools Davidson Elementary, Bailey Middle School and William Amos Hough High School. Enjoy A-10 Conference athletic events, guest lectures, performances and more at Davidson College, which is a short 1/2 mile away. Davidson has official recognition as a pedestrian friendly and bicycle friendly community. This lovely home is a walkable mile or a short drive to downtown Davidson, where there is something for everyone!
|Davidson Farmer’s Market
Tour de Food
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bakery
Bookstore, Gift Shops, Clothing and more
Roosevelt Wilson Park
Over 6 miles of Greenways
|Armour Street Theater
Davidson Community Players
Davidson College Arts- Performances and Events
|Concerts on the Green Series
Christmas in Davidson
April is for Arts
Local Schools Near this Home
Davidson Elementary is a short 5 minute drive from this wonderful home. Bailey Middle School and William Amos Hough High School are less than 3 miles from The Cedars. There are also numerous charter schools and private schools nearby, including: Community School of Davidson, Davidson Green School, Pine Lake Preparatory, Lake Norman Charter School, Langtree Charter Academy, Davidson Day School, Woodlawn School, and Cannon School. There is an International Baccalaureate program close-by that is available for the middle school years (JM Alexander) and high school years (North Mecklenburg High School).
- Davidson Elementary School (soon to be Davidson K-8) is the neighborhood school for 857 Concord Road. DES is a highly acclaimed public elementary school that is in the process of expanding to accommodate grades K-8. Davidson Elementary believes in teaching to the whole child and is well-supported by teachers and parents with additional volunteers from the community and Davidson College. They offer many clubs and activities including Tigers on the Prowl, a walking/running school-wide fitness program. The CMS website offers additional information regarding Davidson Elementary School at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/davidsonES/Pages/Default.aspx
- Bailey Middle School opened in 2006 and has a record of high student achievement and outstanding programs in art, music and athletics. A well-rounded education is in place with a newly adapted program, “Leader In Me” which is based on Steven Covey’s philosophy from 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Parents and the community offer tremendous volunteer support. Organizations, churches and businesses have partnerships at Bailey Middles School. There are also numerous clubs and athletic teams offered to the student body. There is additional information on Bailey Middle School at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/baileyMS/Pages/AboutOurSchool.aspx.
- William Amos Hough High School: Hough High School is just a few minutes drive from The Cedars. Hough opened its doors in 2010 offering Standard, Honors and Advanced Placement classes. World Languages, Marketing, and music along with a vast array of clubs and athletics so students may explore their interests and passions. Hough High School also hosts the 2nd largest DECA club in North America. More information regarding William Amos Hough High School can be found on the CMS website at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/williamamoshoughHS/Pages/Default.aspx
A Short Commute to Charlotte
Davidson is located in northern Mecklenburg County about 20 miles from the center of Uptown Charlotte. Charlotte, also known as the Queen City, is large enough to enjoy some big city flare yet small enough to sense the right amount of southern hospitality. With award-winning restaurants, fabulous shopping, micro-breweries and a vibrant Arts culture, Charlotte offers something for everyone! In 2018, Yelp ranked Charlotte as the #1 most up and coming city. Come and experience what the buzz is all about!
Local Boutiques, Malls, Outlets and Pop-Up Shops
Farmers Markets and Public Markets
Breweries, Vineyards and Distilleries
|Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Billy Graham Library
Levine Museum of the New South
Wells Fargo History Museum
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Harvey B. Gantt Center
McColl Center for Art and Innovation
NASCAR Hall of Fame
Carolinas Aviation Museum