- Located in the heart of the Davidson Infill!
- Charming home with special details: antique French doors, stained glass, shutters, bead board, and custom built mantels
- Wonderful hardwood floors downstairs and upstairs
- 4BR and 2.5 BA home with 2455 square feet
- 3 bedrooms on 2nd floor, one bedroom on 1st floor (currently used as a den)
- Sun-filled kitchen with gas range, pantry and built-in bar area
- Large living room and dining room for gathering with friends and family
- Expansive screened in porch with additional space for entertaining and relaxing!
- Spacious master suite on 2nd floor with attached sitting room and closet with barn doors
- Attached Master bath has furniture style vanity and white subway tile shower
- Two additional bedrooms share a hall bath
- Lots of natural light throughout!
- Beautiful landscaping
- Backyard storage shed
About this home
This wonderful home is on a desirable street just a block from Downtown Davidson! Full of charming details, 420 Lorimer is sure to delight! Large master suite upstairs with newer master bath, sitting room and closet with barn doors. Living room opens to office space with built-ins. Dining room has beadboard detailing. Bedroom or sitting room on main floor with fireplace. Huge floored attic for additional seasonal storage space. Great opportunity to be in the heart of Davidson! Lorimer Road is just a short walk to the shops and restaurants and to the center of Downtown Davidson. Davidson K-8 is within walking/biking distance and William Amos Hough High School is just minutes away. Enjoy A-10 Conference athletic events, guest lectures, performances and more at Davidson College. Davidson has official recognition as a pedestrian friendly and bicycle friendly community. Enjoy all that the community has to offer!
|Davidson Farmer’s Market
Tour de Food
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bakery
Bookstore, Gift Shops, Clothing and more
Roosevelt Wilson Park
Over 6 miles of Greenways
|Armour Street Theater
Davidson Community Players
Davidson College Arts- Performances and Events
|Concerts on the Green Series
Christmas in Davidson
April is for Arts
Local Schools Near this Home
Davidson K-8 is within walking and biking distance from 420 Lorimer Road. William Amos Hough High School is just under a 10 minute drive from this wonderful home. There are also numerous charter schools and private schools nearby, including: Community School of Davidson, Davidson Green School, Pine Lake Preparatory, Lake Norman Charter School, Lakeside Preparatory, Langtree Charter Academy, Davidson Day School, Phoenix Montessori, Woodlawn School, and Cannon School and Pioneer Springs Community School. There is an International Baccalaureate program close-by that is available for the middle school years (JM Alexander) and high school years (North Mecklenburg High School).
- Davidson K-8 (formerly Davidson Elementary School) is the neighborhood school for the Davidson Infill and is located less than a mile from Lorimer. Davidson K-8 is a highly sought after public elementary and now, middle school, accommodates grades K-8 in one neighborhood school. Davidson K-8 believes in teaching to the whole child and is well-supported by teachers and parents with additional volunteers from the community and Davidson College. They offer many clubs and activities including Tigers on the Prowl, a walking/running school-wide fitness program. The CMS website offers additional information regarding Davidson K-8 at https://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/davidsonES/Pages/Default.aspx
- William Amos Hough High School: Hough High School is just over 3 miles from 420 Lorimer Road. Hough opened its doors in 2010 offering Standard, Honors and Advanced Placement classes. They offer World Languages, Marketing, and music along with a vast array of clubs and athletics so students may explore their interests and passions. Hough High School also hosts the 2nd largest DECA club in North America. More information regarding William Amos Hough High School can be found on the CMS website at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/williamamoshoughHS/Pages/Default.aspx
A Short Commute to Charlotte
Davidson is located in northern Mecklenburg County about 20 miles from the center of Uptown Charlotte. Charlotte, also known as the Queen City, is large enough to enjoy some big city flare yet small enough to sense the right amount of southern hospitality. With award-winning restaurants, fabulous shopping, micro-breweries and a vibrant Arts culture, Charlotte offers something for everyone! In 2018, Yelp ranked Charlotte as the #1 most up and coming city. Come and experience what the buzz is all about!
Local Boutiques, Malls, Outlets and Pop-Up Shops
Farmers Markets and Public Markets
Breweries, Vineyards and Distilleries
|Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Billy Graham Library
Levine Museum of the New South
Wells Fargo History Museum
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Harvey B. Gantt Center
McColl Center for Art and Innovation
NASCAR Hall of Fame
Carolinas Aviation Museum