- Gorgeous open water views of Lake Norman!
- .79 acre level lot with ample privacy in the Norman Island neighborhood!
- 4BR/4BA 2-story home with walkout basement
- Virtual Tour Link – https://www.tourfactory.com/2768653
- City water and sewer
- Refinished pier, covered dock with metal roof, floating dock, boat lift
- Sandy beach area
- Heated and cooled boathouse (2018) ideal for entertaining
- New windows, most doors, dock, gazebo and pylons
- Geothermal heating system
- Expansive screened-in porch
- Wood floors on main floor
- Formal dining and living rooms
- Spacious master bedroom and bath with dual sink vanity, tub and separate shower
- Light-filled kitchen with snack bar seating and breakfast room
- Sunroom access of breakfast room and family room
- 3BR/2.5BA above grade, 1BR/1BA and living space in lower level
- Ample storage and extra space for workshop in basement
- Mature trees, beautiful lawn
- Partially fenced backyard
- Two car garage
- 3317 square feet above grade/4127 square feet including finished basement space
- Close to Birkdale Village
About this home
Mid-Century Modern home on Lake Norman in the Norman Island neighborhood. Beautiful, level lot has open water views! Heated and cooled boathouse, sandy beach and floating dock make this home an ideal place for entertaining family and friends! Main house has new windows, most doors and a geothermal heating system. Enjoy the water views from the deck, sunroom, family room or master bedroom! Master bedroom has wood floors and a private en suite with dual sinks, over-sized shower and garden tub. Two additional large bedrooms up. An additional bedroom and full bath are in the basement. Plenty of unfinished space still remaining for storage, workshop or future living space. Screened in porch provides additional outdoor space to relax and enjoy the views! Zoned schools: J.V. Washam Elementary School, Bailey Middle School and William Amos Hough High School. Cornelius is a lakeside town in north Mecklenburg County that offers many things to do and enjoy on Lake Norman or completely on shore!
Dragon Boat Festival
Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bakeries and Breweries
|Reedy Creek Park
Over 16 miles of Trails and Greenways
|Cain Center for the Arts
Cornelius Public Library
Nestled between Davidson and Huntersville, Cornelius is close enough to enjoy all that both communities have to offer. All Lake Norman communities have much to offer with restaurants, shops and downtown events. Cornelius also has over 54 miles of shoreline with parks and restaurants that delight in the beauty of Lake Norman. There are local marinas and public access to Lake Norman where rentals for boats, jet skis and paddle boards are available. Cornelius has quickly grown into a thriving community with modern conveniences, a quaint downtown with seasonal events and activities for all ages.
Local Schools Near this Home
J.V. Washam Elementary is under a 10 minute drive from Lakeshore Drive. Bailey Middle School and William Amos Hough High School are about 6 miles from this location. There are also numerous charter schools and private schools nearby, including: Pine Lake Preparatory, Community School of Davidson, Davidson Day School, Woodlawn School, Cannon School, Davidson Green School, Lake Norman Charter School, Langtree Charter Academy as well as an International Baccalaureate program that is available for the middle school years (JM Alexander) and high school years (North Mecklenburg High School).
- J.V. Washam Elementary School is the neighborhood school for Norman Island. J.V Washam strives to instill a passion for learning in their students through a challenging, yet nurturing environment. Children are encouraged to discover and create, while learning to be critical thinkers, caring individuals and life-long learners. Numerous clubs and activities are offered. The CMS website offers additional information at https://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/jvwashamES/Pages/Default.aspx
- Bailey Middle School opened in 2006 and has a record of high student achievement and outstanding programs in art, music and athletics. A well-rounded education is in place with a newly adapted program, “Leader In Me” which is based on Steven Covey’s philosophy from 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Parents and the community offer tremendous volunteer support. Organizations, churches and businesses have partnerships at Bailey Middles School. There are also numerous clubs and athletic teams offered to the student body. There is additional information on Bailey Middle School at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/baileyMS/Pages/AboutOurSchool.aspx.
- William Amos Hough High School: Hough High School is just a few minutes drive from Lakeshore Drive. Hough opened its doors in 2010 offering Standard, Honors and Advanced Placement classes. World Languages, Marketing, and music along with a vast array of clubs and athletics so students may explore their interests and passions. Hough High School also hosts the 2nd largest DECA club in North America. More information regarding William Amos Hough High School can be found on the CMS website at http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/williamamoshoughHS/Pages/Default.aspx
A Short Commute to Charlotte
Cornelius is located in northern Mecklenburg County less than 20 miles from the center of Uptown Charlotte. Charlotte, also known as the Queen City, is large enough to enjoy some big city flare yet small enough to sense the right amount of southern hospitality. With award-winning restaurants, fabulous shopping, micro-breweries and a vibrant Arts culture, Charlotte offers something for everyone! In 2018, Yelp ranked Charlotte as the #1 most up and coming city. Come and experience what the buzz is all about!
Local Boutiques, Malls, Outlets and Pop-Up Shops
Farmers Markets and Public Markets
Breweries, Vineyards and Distilleries
South End, Dilworth, NoDa, Plaza Midwood
|Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Billy Graham Library
Levine Museum of the New South
Wells Fargo History Museum
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Harvey B. Gantt Center
McColl Center for Art and Innovation
NASCAR Hall of Fame
Carolinas Aviation Museum